Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Médecins Sans Frontières - Artsen Zonder Grenzen
Site web : https://www.msf-azg.be/en/job/financial-planning-analyst-mf
Adresse email : Recruit.HQ.email@example.com
Lieu de l'emploi : Brussels / Belgium
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée indéterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Gestion financière
Date de publication : 09/08/2019
Date limite : 31/08/2019
- At least 5 years professional experience in a controlling position in an NGO or in the private sector
- University degree in Finance
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, knowledge of Board or any other CPM/EPM application is a plus
- Fluent English and French
- Organised, IT/data minded, detail-focused, accurate, problem solving individual
- Fast pace learner who has a desire to work in the Finance Department of a major Humanitarian NGO
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Open-end contract (CDI) – full time - Based in HQ (Brussels)
- Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Complementary Retirement plan – Canteen at democratic price – reimbursement (100%) for public transportation costs
- Starting: October 2019
Deadline for Application: August 31, 2019
Interested candidates should send Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae, by e-mail to Recruit.HQ.firstname.lastname@example.org “fin application support coordinator” in the subject or to Kristina Presis, MSF HQ Finance Department, Rue de l’Arbre Bénit 46, 1050 Brussels
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.
Within MSF, the Finance Department aims to ensure that the resources committed make a successful contribution towards the implementation of operational objectives.
MSF’s financial autonomy depends heavily on the trust of donors, as the major part of the revenue comes from private donors.
The objective of Finance Department is to provide support to the management in order to ensure the funds are used adequately in accordance with our accountability principles and to enable the optimal use of financial resources.
Within the OCB HQ Finance Department, the Financial Planning & Risks Unit is responsible for the quality, coherence and diffusion of the financial information, the compliance with the audit and internal control principles. Its role is not limited to control only but should cover the promotion and implementation of corrective actions and good practices aiming at improving the performance and efficiency of MSF Belgium. Within a unit composed by 10 persons, the Financial Planning Analyst is under direct supervision of the HQ Controller.
The Financial Planning Analyst and the HQ Controller work as a team on both budget follow-up and following transversal activities in the development and management of reports, indicators, tools and processes for both HQ and OCB finance reporting,
- Elaboration of the budget and forecast follow up for MSF-Belgium HQ (50%)
- Coordination of the budget and forecast process of MSF-Belgium HQ with HQ controller and the management: policy, process, planification and methodology for HQ budgeting & forecasting.
- Active partnership with HQ budget holders and department directors: ad hoc information, identification of risks and opportunities, projections and estimations to enable decisions.
- Briefing of new budget holders, organisation of review meetings to gather information, consolidation and challenging the forecast information, encoding of forecast in the budget & forecast tool.
- Implementation of standard control measures on actual HQ expenses: liaise with the Accounting Unit when necessary (corrections, purchase orders, changes in structure, corrective measures) in order to insure the accuracy of the financial figures.
- HQ FTE’s follow up (25%)
- Custodian of the accurate budget and forecast follow up of HQ FTE’s.
- Identification of risks, opportunities, trends.
- Advise the direction and management regarding the FTE financial impact.
- Coordination with the HR department to have the appropriate recruitment approval process in line with management guidelines in order to optimize the FTE’s follow-up.
- Annual closing / combined accounts (HQ expenses) (5%)
- Participation to the elaboration of the MSF international combined accounts and monthly international indicators for HQ expenses.
- Tools and systems (20%)
- Leads and implements improvements and enhancements regarding the budgeting & forecasting tools (CPM online tool, reports, workflows) in order to ensure the proper functioning of the tools in alignment with the general direction and finance department strategy. He is responsible to ensure the appropriation of those by the budget holders and departments stakeholders in order to enable the HQ expenses follow up along the years. He manages the analytical structure for the follow up of the costs: cost centres, project codes, any other needs.
- As a power user, testing if needed of any new enhancements to be developed and liaise with the FASU.
- Other reporting to be done: mobile phone, travel, investments, master data management.