Personne de Contact: email@example.com
Date limite de candidature: 24/08/2018
Type d'offre: Contrat à durée déterminée
Volume de travail: Temps plein
Fonction: Gestion de projet, Mission terrain, Autre
Lieu de l'emploi: Damascus
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
To Support RSM to ensure proper management and coordination in Hassakeh office, coordination with SARC, government departments, UN agencies and other stakeholders,
To support RSM in timely implementation of projects according to the mission and in coordination with technical, logistics and administrative departments,
To support RSM to implement safety measures and follow up on the context development in coordination with log department and country director.
Objective 1: to Support RSM in ensuring the internal coordination of the Action against Hunger (Admin/finance/log/technical departments) – Spain teams in Hassakeh
- To monitor the financial and administrative management of the base (including the preparation and monitoring of budgets, financial request, accountancy, payments, tenders, fulfilment of procedures, movements etc…)
- Coordinate all staff, organize weekly meetings and activity planning
Objective 2: To support RSM to represent Action against Hunger and liaise and coordinate with SARC, governments agencies, UN agencies and other humanitarian actors in the intervention areas
- Ensure regular and ad-hoc coordination with SARC, DoWs, Governor office and other stakeholders take place at Hassakeh level
- Conduct regular meeting with UN, DoWs and other stakeholders take place at Hassakeh level and prepare minutes and share with Action against Hunger Damascus Office
Objective 3: To support RSM to ensure a proper management of the Action against Hunger safety procedures in coordination with CD and logistic coordinator
- Constant monitoring of the situation through the compilation and analysis of safety information regarding the local context in coordination with base team and other agencies/stakeholders
- Define the potential risks and threats and identify the mitigation measures to reduce those risks in close coordination of Log Coordinator and CD
Objective 4: To support RSM to ensure implementation of Action against Hunger logistics and admin/finance procedures and tools at the base level (in coordination with Damascus based coordination team )
- Overall supervision of the Base Logistician to ensure Action against Hunger procedures and forms are being used
- Supervise the management of structures in the base and ensure smooth running of the office
Objective 5: To support RSM in Human Resources Management & Capacity Building
- Participate together with CD and Program Coordinator in the recruitment, supervision and evaluation of the new staff in Hassakeh;
- In close coordination with HR manager to work on Hassakeh staff management and capacity building for the staff (according to the MTP)
Objective 6: To support RSM in the additional responsibility
- Ensure the systematization / capitalization of the activities
- Represent Action against Hunger when required and requested by CD
- Strong skills in coordination, program management.
- A strong knowledge of administration and logistics procedures
- A Strong Knowledge in Humanitarian/ cooperation/international relationship
- A strong knowledge of Project Cycle Management and proposal writing
- Good analytical skills and a good understanding of the problematic of conflict situation.
- Humanitarian sector knowledge: yes
- Action Against Hunger knowledge: yes
- Languages: English - compulsory, spoken, read and written
- IT Systems: Computer and internet use skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 12 months
- Base: Damascus
- Excellent remuneration package
- Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger -Spain).
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
Languages: English - compulsory, spoken, read and written