Monitoring, evaluation, accountability learning (MEAL)
Date limite de candidature: 14/05/2018
Type d'offre: Contrat à durée déterminée
Volume de travail: Temps plein
Lieu de l'emploi: Cox's Bazar
MDM France opened a mission in Bangladesh in February 2017. Operations were run through 2 local partners, namely “Gonoshasthaya Kendra” (GK) a local non-governmental organization (NGO) specialized into primary health care and community health care, and the “Bangladesh National Women Lawyers’ Association” (BNWLA), a lawyer’s association based in Dhaka and working in protection. MdM was focusing on medical and psychological care for Gender Based Violence (GBV) victims, in several regions of the Country.
From 25th August 2017, a massive wave of population fleeing violence in the Rakhine state in Myanmar crossed the border to find refuge in Cox’s Bazar district in Bangladesh. This unprecedented situation (more than 630 000 new comers arrived in a very fragile area) created an emergency situation. MdM supports GK with this emergency response in three camps.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will work under the responsibility of the general coordinator and in functional link with the medical coordinator of the mission.
You will work in collaboration with the Bangladesh coordination team (field goordinator, GBV coordinator, protection coordinator, and MHPSS coordinator) at Cox’s Bazaar, the refugee camps clinics, and in Dhaka.
More in details, your main responsabilities are to:
- Develop a MEAL framework for the Bangladesh Mission, including the tools and methods for data gathering in the camps clinics and in the long term mission projects, evaluations, accountability and learning. This will be done with the support of the general, field, and medical, mental health, gender based violence coordinators.
- Understand all the donor data and indicator requirements, and ensure that the data is collected and the indicators are produced.
- Ensure that MEAL is integrated into every aspect of the project cycle, through training and monitoring of the implementation in the field by the local partners staff GK and BNWLA.
- Focus on capacity building for the use of MEAL tools for the mission with expatriates and partner’s staff.
- Organize workshops and/or on the job trainings for MEAL dedicated staff at each clinic and for each project.
- Provide technical support in MEAL for the dedicated local partners’ staff in the field; in particular through the implementation of the Monitool.
- Regular analysis of the data in collaboration with technical coordinators of MdM and of the local partners; recommendations for the mission, evaluation of project data and outcomes.
- Responsible for the reporting activities.
- Lead the report production: ensuring on-time completion, and high quality of the data.
- Lead the proposal/logframe writing including measurable indicators and analyses.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 6 months
Starting date: ASAP
2778 euros gross monthly salary on 13 months
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost (home-work), vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
3-5 years’ experience in progressively responsible role in MEAL
Experience in Evaluation and/or monitoring humanitarian projects
Experience in training/capacity building
Experience in working with partners to accompany them to implement the project
Experience in health programs is desirable
High level of English language proficiency and excellent computer skills mandatory
Especially comfortable with MS Pack Office and IT in general
Great listening, organizational and communication skills
Good interpersonal and intercultural skills
Ability to work under pressure
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.