Deputy medical coordinator (M/F) - Gaza
Date limite de candidature: 14/08/2018
Type d'offre: Contrat à durée déterminée
Volume de travail: Temps plein
Lieu de l'emploi: Gaza
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 45 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
After 50 years of occupation in Palestine characterized with a systematic denial of Palestinian Human Rights, a continuous conflict and several outbreaks of violence, around 2.3 million Palestinians are in need of humanitarian assistance mainly in Gaza strip, in the area C of the West-Bank (WB) and in the East Jerusalem.
Since the 30th March of 2018 the so called March of Return in the Gaza Strip has been followed my massive influx of injuries, up to 6000 overwhelming the already stretched services in the health facilities with high impact injuries with potential fatal consequences and the risk of medium and long term complications such as disabilities.
MdM strategy in Palestine focus on 3 topics Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS), Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) and Emergency Preparedness (EPP).
In EPP: MdM intervention in Gaza consist in strengthening the local capacities (community level, and Ministry of Health structures, PHC and Hospital level ) to respond to medical emergencies. This intervention is done in Gaza Strip.
Since the 30th March of 2018 the response has been extended with a post- operation and injured related care in in our areas of intervention in the Gaza strip.
In MHPSS: MdM intervention in Gaza focus on the integration of Mental Health in the MOH Hospital Level Emergency departments and in the support to MH activities in the community level through local partners.
In SRH MdM intervention in Gaza is currently under a deep assessment process of local partners for the integration of SGBV services.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will work under the responsibility of the medical coordinator (functional manager) and the field coordinator in Gaza (line manager).
Your main responsibilities are to :
Medical program management and partner support:
- Contribute to the development of MdM strategy in Gaza with the support of the medical coordinator (needs assessment, increase efficiency, implementation adjustment of medical activities)
- Ensure the implementation (achievement of the outcomes), the quality and the consistence of the medical component of the program with partners and MdM coordination team
- Monitor the public health context and challenges and react to any change by adapting the program if necessary
- Be responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of the medical program: analyze and report on monthly basis the medical data of the program , support the medical teams in the data collection and analysis and propose adjustment whenever it is required
Management of medical stock and logistic chain for medical procurement:
- Ensure medical activities have needed equipment, material and drugs to function
- Support the medical procurement process in term of need assessment and quality check
- Support the supervision of the pharmacy qualitative and storage conditions (consumptions, orders and inventory) in cooperation with logistic team
Capacity Building (in coordination with the medical coordinator and field coordinator):
- Ensure the implementation of a global medical training plan for all staff, including the partners staff whenever it is possible
- Ensure the technical supervision of all medical/MHPSS staff working for the organization and with partners and identify the needs for training/support with a particular focus on the capacity building and supervision of the technical managers on the field.
- Ensure the trainings are properly delivered by the team members and contribute to it if necessary
- Provide the team with planning and organization tools
- Represent MdM in external coordination meetings, and actively participate to medical groups when required
- Participate in the identification of MdM implementation and/or strategic partners
- Support field teams to coordinate on the ground with all stakeholders and ensure that information passes both up and down the chain of command in a timely manner
- Provide technical support to the field team with a focus on the technical managers
- Participate in the recruitments for all position in the medical/ MHPSS team
- Participate in the briefing and debriefings
- Identify in coordination with the medical coordinator and the field coordinator the needs of medical/ MHPSS staff for the programme, draft their job profiles and validate their recruitment
- Organise regular meetings with the medical teams.
- Maintain good inter-team communications, engender good team dynamics, and take suitable action when problems occur
- Keep a regular communication, update and feedback with the medical coordinator
- Support the Medical Coordinator in the monthly reporting and in the discussion of it with the teams
- Provide proper Data collection analysis and support to the teams in the field for its compilation
- Ensure the production of summaries and analysis of the data collected and compiled when required
- Participate actively in the writing of donor’s reports and proposals
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 7 months
To be filled as soon as possible.
Position based in Gaza Strip, with occasional visits to Jerusalem.
2820 gross monthly salary on 13 months
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost (home-work), vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
Medical doctor or Nurse
Significant experience in emergencies and public health
Knowledge and skills on Emergency Unit, mental health or psychosocial support
Minimum 2 years in humanitarian response, especially in emergency field management.
Experience in project coordination, including management of a medical team
Experience in working with local authorities, partners
Experience in capacity building is an asset
Personal skills required:
Ability to manage priorities effectively
Ability to work in an international team
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
Excellent organizational skills
Good writing and communication skills
Ability to pro-actively build relations with stakeholders
Interest for humanitarian issues
Capacity to work and to live in tense conditions
Fluent English required
French an asset
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.