Country Programme Coordinator - Somalia
Personne de Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date limite de candidature: 23/07/2018
Type d'offre: Contrat à durée déterminée
Volume de travail: Temps plein
Lieu de l'emploi: The post holder will be based in Mogadishu and with frequent missions in the other field locations (70%) and N
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
1. Terms of reference
Job Title: Country Programme Coordinator
Duty Station: The post holder will be based in Mogadishu and with frequent missions in the other field locations (70%) and Nairobi (30%)
Starting date: 27/07/2018
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: 2 Projects Manager, 3 Sector Coordinators
2. General context of the project
INTERSOS is an Italian non-profit, humanitarian aid organization founded in 1992. INTERSOS works towards a world of equality, justice, peace and solidarity, to achieve this INTERSOS helps people to live in dignity and safety, alleviating suffering and meeting their needs. The mission of INTERSOS is to support people, families and communities in areas most effected by crisis around the world, providing crucial assistance to populations in life threatening situations, in situations of famine and suffering resulting from extreme poverty, disasters, and conflict.
INTERSOS started to work in Somalia in 1992 to support the somali people affected by civil war. INTERSOS continues to support the most vulnerable IDPs, refugees, returnees and Host community affected by the conflict in Somalia.
3. General purpose of the position
Under the supervision of the HoM, and in close collaboration with the Program Team, Global Technical Advisors and Regional Team, work on development, review and monitoring of the Mission program strategy. She/He is responsible for the leading and coordination of program/sector, project management and monitoring and quality control of Somalia Mission Program. The PC is expected to contribute to high levels of teamwork and inter-department and cross-sectoral collaboration. Through her/his coordination the Somalia Mission team will develop and implement programme activities and resources in the mission, according to INTERSOS charter, policies, and ethical principles with consideration of international and national protocols, in order to ensure the delivery of quality programming to the people in need and their communities.
4. Main responsibilities and tasks
Management and Strategy
• In coordination with the HoM, support in the development of a Mission Program Strategy and project designs along with the programme teams.
• Overall responsible for development and management of a multi-sector and holistic integrated programme and ensure strong coordination between the different programme sectors and among Project Managers.
• In partnership with the Project Coordinators and Project Managers, ensure efficient and effective delivery of project activities through overseeing the development and implementation of tools such as financial plans, procurements plans, budget versus actual reports, PAT’s etc.
• Oversee appropriate technical assistance for all sectors ensuring strong links with Global Technical Advisors ensuring that projects are reaching a high quality through use of best practice, evidence base and learning.
• Ensure Performance Reviews (IRP) of line-managed staff is regularly completed in an appropriate manner
• Ensure other departments (Logistics, Finance, HR) provide due and timely support to Project Managers in order to implement operations smoothly.
• Input into the fundraising strategy, and coordination of fundraising opportunities alongside and supported by the Head of Mission.
• Organize regular staff meeting and prepare the program monthly report based on the information collected by the PMs
• In collaboration with the Head of Mission, ensures that new assessments (with focus on INTERSOS’s core sectors, Protection, Returns, Health, Education) are executed and new potential intervention are explored.
Design and Program Quality
• Ensure mission projects implementation and follow up in compliance with all contractual and statutory requirements and agreements by donors and government in collaboration with the relevant Sector managers..
• Ensure proper follow up of monitoring results, sharing relevant results to senior management and having overall strategic awareness of programme impacts.
• Work with team to develop innovative ways to increase programme quality including technology based tools, developing effective communication strategies and accountability mechanisms for community feedback (e.g. effective complaint mechanisms).
• Provide support and guidance for team to achieve objectives through day-to-day support, monthly face to face meetings, regular team meetings, which include discussions of progress against objectives, giving feedback, challenges and encouragement.
• Define partnership strategy with national counterparts (CBOs, NGOs, local authorities, different line ministries, etc.).
Representation and Communication
• In conjunction with the Head of Mission, ensure that INTERSOS is effectively represented in relevant coordination fora and consortiums. This representation should aim to bring to INTERSOS learning and experience to improve the overall humanitarian response in Somalia.
• Together with the Head of Mission, establish and maintain good and smooth communications and relations with Donors.
• Ensure that INTERSOS mission in Kenya/Somalia has an appropriate range of communication products to highlight the work of the country program to various audiences.
Other objectives and duties: As requested by the Head of Mission, for the effective implementation and quality of the activities of the mission.
- Master degree in Refugee law, International Human Rights Law, Forced
- Migration and Refugee Studies, Gender studies or other relevant to the position
- At least 5 years of international experience with two years of experience in the management of emergency, post-conflict and development programs
- Demonstrated skills and experience in program design and delivery, including proposal development
- Demonstrate experience with different donors compliance and reporting
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
- Proven capacity in staff management, multi-tasking, time management and diplomacy
- Ability to set high standards for quality of work and quick adaptability and flexibility in stressful environment
- Ability to manage human, technical, administrative and financial resources
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Good computing skills
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Italian is an asset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be an innovative and creative problem solver, and a team player, with experience working with multicultural teams
- Excellent diplomacy skills
- Ability to delegate and work in team
- Adaptability to changing work environment and possible volatile security situation
- Stress management skills: ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, with peaks of heavy workloads;