Cash Operations Specialist
Personne de Contact: email@example.com
Date limite de candidature: 24/08/2018
Type d'offre: Contrat à durée déterminée
Volume de travail: Temps plein
Fonction: Gestion de projet, Autre
Lieu de l'emploi: Damascus
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
The Cash Operations Specialist will roll out Action Against Hunger paper commodity voucher – or other appropriate modality - intervention in Syria by setting up and operating a proper implementation system (including administrative, logistic and M&E procedures / SOPs and tools).
Objective 1: To set up and operate proper implementation systems for cash based interventions, coordinating with and providing support to technical, MEAL, logistic and admin departments.
- Identify and thoroughly design/develop all aspects of a paper commodity vouchers intervention
- Identify new potential areas for intervention and CBI modalities, through expanding market analysis and negotiating with relevant Authorities.
- Provide technical support to the Logistic Department in the selection and management of shops / suppliers (selection criteria, contracts negotiation, quality control, paper voucher design with watermark or hologram etc)
Objective 2: To build the capacity of key staff in CBI implementation
- Facilitate training for the technical/operations department on CBIs implementation modalities, risk assessment and mitigation measures, market analysis
- Facilitate training for the logistic department on criteria for shops selection, shops contracting procedures and negotiations, voucher booklet anti-forgery design and printing), and CBIs KitLog / Action Against Hunger logistic procedures
Objective 3: To build the capacity of partners on CBIs design, implementation and monitoring
- Facilitate training to MoLAE key staff on CBIs tools and methodologies
- Sensitize MoLAE staff on implementation of CBIs
- Cash Based Interventions (CBIs)
- CBIs tailored M&E tools and methodologies
- CBIs log and admin tools
- Protection and gender mainstreaming in project formulation, implementation and monitoring
- Excellent knowledge of cash-based interventions (including technical guidelines, standards, M&E, logistic and administrative procedures).
- Proven knowledge and technical skills in design, implementation and monitoring of CBIs
- Market assessments and analysis (RAM, EMMA)
- Ability to produce tools, including for MEAL, logistic and admin department to roll out the intervention
- Excellent written and cross-cultural communication skills
- University degree in Socio-Economic disciplines, International Cooperation, or other relevant subjects
- At least two years of professional experience in a similar position, preferably in the Middle East
- Specific field experiences in CBIs compulsory
- Humanitarian sector knowledge: Humanitarian principles, CBIs in emergency and early recovery, The Sphere standards
- Organization knowledge: Action Against Hunger FSL policies, programmes, strategies and objectives, Action Against Hunger technical, M&E, admin and logistic guidelines for CBIs
- Languages: English (compulsory) and Arabic (an asset).
- IT Systems: Excellent domain of Microsoft Office
- Mobility: National and international
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 3 months (with possible extension (additional 2 months)
- Base: Damascus/Syria and temporary stay in Beirut when waiting for visa
- Excellent remuneration package
- Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger -Spain).
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
Languages: English (compulsory) and Arabic (an asset).